Saturday, June 26, 2010

DETOUR AHEAD.....

I quit my job.

Yep, you read it right.

I quit my job.

No, I didn't like get mad and walk out quit, I worked out a 30 day notice.

After 22 years, yesterday was my last day at Love & Care.

I first felt like it was time to make a change in January of this year. Since then, I've had an increasing feeling with each passing month.

Those of you who read my blog know I believe God has a plan and a purpose for everything, good and bad.

I believe His ways are higher than my ways and that He knows what's best for me in my life.

God recently placed a very special Friend in my life. I believe nothing happens by chance and I know one reason God allowed our paths to cross is specifically for this time in my life.

She wrote these words to me recently ....
"There is an old quip about how to make God laugh: Tell Him your plans!"

Thank you, Earlene, not only for being my Friend, but for sharing your words of wisdom.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would surely be on it.

I had no plans of going anywhere. I thought I would grow old working there. I loved my job. I was content. I was in my comfort zone.

Then one by one, things started to change , small at first, but change nevertheless.

Don't get me wrong, not all change is bad.

However, I do believe that when God has something for us to do and we aren't responding as fast as He wants us to, He will allow things to become uncomfortable enough that we sit up a little straighter and start paying closer attention.

That is what happened to me.

Love & Care will always have a special place in my heart. My friends there are like family to me but the plans I had for my life are not the plans HE had for my life.

So, I'm taking a detour.



Sometimes, when we see the DETOUR AHEAD sign we get aggravated about having to take a different route. Maybe the new road is unfamiliar, or even frightening. Maybe it's bumpy, seems too narrow, or steep. We then spend alot of time and energy asking "Why?", "Why me?", "Why did I have to take this detour?" "This is not what I had planned"

Why do we do this?

I'll tell ya why.

Because we tell God OUR plan instead of seeking HIS plan.

When I look at the road I only see what's right in front of my eyes, the immediate area. I see the detour and what's around it but I can't tell you why there's a detour. I can tell you it's interrupting my plans and I don't appreciate it much.

BUT.......

God, in His infinite wisdom, is looking down over the WHOLE thing and can see not only the detour but the REASON behind the detour as well.

Maybe the road is out up ahead and the detour is allowing me to avoid danger.

I may never know why there was a detour.

Whatever the reason, it is for my good.


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV)
Jeremiah 29:11



I am excited to see where the detour leads.

It may be the most beautiful road I've ever been on, that no doubt, I would have missed otherwise.

“Every end is a new beginning”
~Proverb~



Love you MUCH!

=],
Gracie

2 comments:

  1. I love you my friend and I am so very proud of you! God Bless you and your family in whatever you do! ((((((Hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, this was helpful when I read it before and it is more helpful today as it was brought to me again. Sometimes We forget in the busy world we live in the lessons we have learned even a week ago. I guess I must learn from example. That is ok as long as I am learning. Lots of Love !!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete