Sunday, November 14, 2010

Row 48, Seats 24, 25 Friends.....

A great weekend, as well as a great Auburn Season, is coming to an end.

We have made some amazing new Friends this year.

You all know, I believe NOTHING happens by chance and that God has a PLAN and a PURPOSE for everything.

The same holds true for our Auburn Season Ticket seats.

Yes, you read that right.

Our Section 39, Row 47, Seats 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 were divinely appointed by God Himself.

Yes.

I believe this.

Without a doubt, our seats were exactly where God wanted us to be, with the exact people He wanted us to be around, for the exact reason He wanted us to be there.

It's really awesome how you sit in the same seats week after week and you form friendships with the people around you that you will never forget.

You get to know them and their Family.

They get to know you and your Family.

You laugh, sing, yell, scream, cheer and even cry together.

Yes, cry.

You pray for them and you know they are praying for you.

They are the new friends at the beginning of the season that seem like old friends at the end of the season.

They become Family.

Such is the case with our Section 39, Row 48, Seats 24, 25 Friends.

I am so thankful God's Hand is in EVERY part of our lives, even our Auburn Season Ticket seat location.

I am thankful He placed these two precious people not only in our lives, but in the lives of our children.

He knows EXACTLY what we need, WHEN we need it, and EXACTLY who we need there.

I didn't ask their permission so, I won't post their names.

You know who you are.

Thank you both for your Friendship and for all the memories we've made this Season.

There is no doubt in my mind that God placed you in our lives.

We are not sure what we will do on Saturday's now?!

Thank you for your smiles, your hugs, all the laughs, and the high-fives!

Thank you for being patient with the little curly blond headed boy sitting in front of you.

Thank you for sharing your peanuts, your popcorn, your gum, and even your ball cap the game his head got hot.

Thank you for crying with me as my heart broke.

Thank you for praying for our sweet boy and this situation.

Thank you for loving our Hayden.

He would always ask us, "Are our Friends gonna be there?"

He loves y'all.

So do we.

A LOT.

We MUST keep in touch.

MUST.


Yesterday, my Beloved Tigers took on the Georgia Bulldogs in our last home game of the 2010 Season.

It was a great game!

We won 49-31.

It was a hard, ugly battle that got uglier as the game went on.

I remembered around the end of the first quarter that I had to sing this morning at Church.

I tried to lay off the yelling as much as possible.

It was hard.

I would forget and I paid for it, dearly.

When I woke up this morning, I could hardly talk.

I really didn't yell that much!

Seriously!

Maybe it was the cool, night air.

I'm not sure, but whatever it was had me in a bad way.

I got out of bed this morning and headed straight for the medicine cabinet.

Have you ever heard Nurses are the worst patients?

It's true, we are.

You wanna know what's even worse than that?

A Nurse that is treating herself, (with OTC meds, of course).

Anyway, I sang and I hope it turned out ok, I hope?!?!

Lord knows I prayed over that Mucinex enough! =)

I'm only working 3 days this week.

I told you all about Haley's surgery.

She has an impingement in her Left Shoulder.

What is a shoulder impingement?

Shoulder impingement syndrome is caused by compression of the tendons of the rotator cuff between a part of the shoulder blade and the head of the humerus. This can become a chronic inflammatory condition that may lead to a weakening of the tendons of the rotator cuff, a situation that may result in a torn rotator cuff.

She does not have a torn rotator cuff, yet.

It's just a matter of time if we don't get it fixed.

This is, by far, the lesser of the two evils.

What is causing the compression in her shoulder?

Her acromion is significantly sloping downward.

What's an acromion?

Glad you asked! =)

Acromion- the lateral extension of the spine of the scapula, forming the highest point of the shoulder.

Why is it sloping downward?

God designed her that way.

Literally.

It's always been this way.

She was born with it.

So, why is it causing her trouble now?

Not sure exactly.

There are a number of things that are contributing factors.

She is left-handed.

She has played softball since she was 5, so that's 15 years.

Remember, she was an outfielder, a Left Fielder, to be exact.

You know what that means.

Long, hard throws from outfield to get the ball in as quick as possible.

She hasn't played ball since July or so when she played in the High School Alumni game.

Her shoulder has NEVER hurt her one time throughout her softball career.

Her elbow, yes, from tendinitis, but never her shoulder.

She hasn't had an acute injury.

It will be done Thursday of this week as an Outpatient.

She is out of school next week, the week of Thanksgiving.

That's why we planned it now.

This will give her 10 days before she has to go back to class.

We are hoping that's enough time.

She will have to have Outpatient Therapy so we'll get that set up just as soon as we can.

Wanna know what's worse than having a Nurse as a Patient?

Or

What's worse than a Nurse that is treating herself?

ANSWER:
A Nurse whose child is a Patient.

That is THE WORST ever.

=)=)=)

Just kidding.

Kind of.

I have some really precious Friends.

One of them will actually be doing her Surgery and others will be taking care of her during and after Surgery.

Above all, My Friend, The Great Physician, will still be in COMPLETE control Thursday.

Haley belongs to Him.

He simply allowed me to be her Mom.

Have a wonderful week!

Love you MUCH!


=],

No comments:

Post a Comment