Saturday, December 17, 2011

Memories To Last a Lifetime.....

Happy Saturday, Blog Friends!
Baby Kinley continues to improve everyday.

She will continue her IV antibiotics for another
week and they have set a target discharge date of Christmas Eve.

That means, she'll be home just in time for Santa's visit.

=)

Thank you all for praying for this sweet baby.

God continues to answer prayers on her behalf.

________________________________ 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than
all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
~Ephesians 3:20~
________________________________


Ok, I told you in my last post I had a road trip to tell you about.

Those of you who know Hayden, the cutest 6 year-old ever, 
know the #1 reason he is an Auburn fan is because of this guy......

Aubie

He's been to many a football games just to see Aubie.

We've waited at countless Tiger Walks to
see Aubie and give him a High-Five as he went by.

BUT....

We've never gotten a picture with him.....

Never been close to him for more than mere seconds.....

Never spent time with him.....

Until Wednesday night.

=)

Haley, Kylee, Lois, Hayden, and myself loaded
up and went to Auburn to watch the Women's Basketball game.

Haley loves basketball and actually went to watch the game.

Kylee loves road trips and just went to be going somewhere.

Hayden, however, went with one purpose 
in mind and one purpose only.....
 to see Aubie.

Lois and I have been to a basketball game
before so we knew we would get to see Aubie.

He's generally all over the Auburn Arena
entertaining the crowd, and getting everybody fired up.

We just didn't know how amazing
the night would be for a certain 6 year-old.

I am confident there are not enough words
in my vocabulary to adequately describe it to you.

So, maybe these will help.....



















Not only did he see Aubie, he spent time with Aubie.

He sat with Aubie.

He watched the game with Aubie.

He was on the sidelines with Aubie.

He cheered with Aubie.

He played with Aubie.

Most of all, he was loved on by Aubie.

Each and every minute was PRICELESS.

I confess, I cried.

It was so magical and so sweet.

If you only knew how much Hayden loves
him and how long he has wanted to meet him.

He said, "I've waited 6 years for this; It's the best day EVER!"

Oh, and for the record, I wasn't alone, Cousin cried too.

I am confident we were the only 2
people crying at the basketball game.

 It didn't matter.

My girls were laughing us.

We didn't care.

This smile.....  


Made EVERYTHING worth it. 

It was worth getting off work early.

It was worth the 2 hour trip to get there.

It was worth every penny spent.

It was worth not getting home until Midnight.

It was worth being tired the next day.

It. Was. So. Worth. It.

It was a perfect day filled
with memories that will last him a lifetime.

=)

Here are a few of my personal favorites.....








In case you were wondering, Auburn beat South Florida 62-45.

War Eagle!

Have a wonderful weekend, Blog Friends!

Mine is off to a great start.

It's Noon and I am still in my pj's.

I have nowhere to be until a Christmas Party tonight at 7.

Love you MUCH!


 =],

No comments:

Post a Comment