Thursday, March 14, 2013

Waiting on the But.....

My Daddy has been out of the hospital 2 weeks now.

His counts are up and he is regaining strength everyday.

They repeated his bone marrow
biopsy last Wednesday as an outpatient.

We got the wonderful news from
Dr. Erba Monday that he is in remission.

He will be readmitted to UAB next week for consolidation
chemo, which is basically maintenance chemo, or preventive chemo.

He has a really aggressive type of cancer and if
they don't do any additional chemo, it will come back.

After this round of chemo, they may
entertain thoughts of a bone marrow transplant.

They are already testing his siblings to see if they are a match.

A transplant is not an quick fix and is a very harsh process.

He is such a fighter, though and wants to live so bad.

I know that may sound cliche-ish, but he really is.

The Daughter in me is so relieved and so thankful for this news.

The Nurse in me is waiting on the "but."

You know how it goes, "Your leukemia is in remission, BUT....."

So far, there hasn't been a but.

But.....

I keep expecting it.

Keep waiting for it.

Keep anticipating it.

Now don't go all judgemental on me and
start thinking I am not thankful for answered prayer.

I am EXTREMELY thankful for his remission.

I am EXTREMELY thankful his counts are up.

I am EXTREMELY thankful he is gaining strength.

I am thankful for it all.

BUT.....

I am guarded.

And just maybe, guarding my heart, mostly.

I have said all along I will be
thankful for what we are given.

That is hard sometimes.

God already knows I am waiting for the "but."

Guess what?

He loves me anyway.

I will tell you that today, this
day, I am thankful for the remission.

I have no idea what may happen tomorrow or when the "but"
may come, but God does and He, as always, is in complete control.

His mercies are new every morning.

Every. Morning.

This isn't the first time I've reminded myself of this.

Click HERE to see that post.

What does the word mercies really mean?

I am soooooo glad you asked.

=)

MERCY: mer·cy/ [mur-see] noun, plural mer·cies for 4, 5.

1. compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner.

2. the disposition to be compassionate or forbearing: an adversary wholly without mercy.

3. the discretionary power of a judge to pardon someone or to mitigate punishment, especially to send to prison rather than invoke the death penalty.

4. an act of kindness, compassion, or favor: She has performed countless small mercies for her friends and neighbors.

5. something that gives evidence of divine favor; blessing: It was just a mercy we had our seat belts on when it happened.

Compassion. Kindness.

Divine Favor.

Blessing.

Just think, they are new EVERY morning!

Wow, I will take that any day.

Thank you for your prayers, Blog Friends.

Love you MUCH!

=],

No comments:

Post a Comment