Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Mack Truck.......

Several months ago, I was introduced to a clip off MADtv featuring the character "Bon Qui Qui" working at King Burger. It is a HILARIOUS video and if you haven't seen it, you can search it on YouTube. This video begins with her on the phone telling her friend about a fight she had with her boyfriend and she says, "Girl, I will cut him up". This has become the catch phrase for me and several of my friends at work. When someone aggravates us or is hateful, we will say to each other, "I will cut him/her up". This has been going on for quite some time now and has become quite the joke in our office. A few weeks ago, one of my friends even gave me the world's smallest knife, which is a real knife that is about an inch long (pictured below).

Now settle down, people, this doesn't mean I would literally cut somebody up, it's just a figure of speech.

This morning as I got out my Bible for my daily devotion, I just opened it up randomly. Imagine my disbelief when these were the first words I saw:


In case you can't read it it says:

~~~~Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32 (The Message translation)


GUILTY!!!! I must admit, I literally laughed out loud. I couldn't even get to the backbiting part because I couldn't get past the cutting part. I knew immediately He was talking to me! I mean how could I not. If that is not a clear message from God, then I don't know what is. It might as well have said, "Gracie, stop with the cutting up stuff-Love, God". I mean, who needs a flashing, neon sign when you have this?

I couldn't wait to get to work and share this with my co-workers. They got a good chuckle out of it, too. We talked about how God works, sometimes without us even realizing it and then other times, like today, by hitting us with a Mack truck.

=],

Gracie

p.s. I have officially retired the world's smallest knife =D

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool how God works.

    Cool tiny knife, too! =0)

    It will ever remind you of that SCRIPTURE!

    ReplyDelete