Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane.....

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!



Our baby, Kylee, who is 12, has always been very outspoken, even from an early age. She has always said pretty much whatever comes to her mind.

When she was 4, we were attending worship service and we just happened to be sitting behind our sweet, humble, quiet Pastor. Let me emphasize the words sweet, humble, and quiet.

During the service, someone in our general area passed gas. When the foul smell reached Kylee's nose, she looked at me and I gave her "the look", you all know that look, and I shook my head, "No", meaning -Don't you dare say anything out loud about that or I will kill you. The whole time I am praying, Dear Lord don't let her say anything.

The smell passed and all was well, or so I thought....

After the service had ended, we were leaving the Sanctuary, and our Pastor, remember the sweet, humble, quiet one, was at the door shaking hands.

As we approached him, I shook his hand and told him I enjoyed the message. He bent down and took Kylee's hand and said, "How are you today, Miss Kylee?"

Without missing a single beat, and without any warning for me, Kylee looked at him square in the eye and said, "I was sitting behind you in church this morning and I smelled it. I know it was you who pooted."

FOR THE LOVE, I about died right there on the spot.

Thankfully, the really sweet Pastor laughed about it. I mean, really, what else could he do?

It's hilarious now.

I'm not sure where in the world she gets that candor? ;)

=],

Gracie

4 comments:

  1. Oh Gracie, that was a PERFECT one! ha ha ha

    I could so picture every little bit of it.

    Thanks for joining me on my fun little walk today. It was nice to have you by my side on the path. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Kind do say and do the darndest things! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tag, you're it! check out my blog to play along

    ReplyDelete