Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Maria.....

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!



In March of 2006, I went to Honduras, with my church, on a medical mission trip. While there, I met a very special lady.

Meet my Friend, Maria....



She was a beautiful lady who loved Jesus. She never wanted to miss an opportunity, even if though a translator, to hear about Him.

Despite the fact that she was 104, yes 104, she walked to our church services each and every night that week.

She was precious. I fell in love with her and her sweet spirit. She cried when I left, and so did I. She said she didn't want me to go back to the States, but she knew I had to.

Most of us complain if the pew is not padded enough, or if the church is too hot/cold, but my 104 year old friend WALKED to an outside church service every night.

How awesome is that?


=],

Gracie

1 comment:

  1. Pretty awesome!!! My blogger friend Larissa was also met by a team from our church while on a mission trip to Brazil. She and I have never actually met, but just through our blogs and now via email. She's a bit younger than me, but there's that Sister in Christ love for each other already there!

    Thanks for joining up in my 'meme' today. Enjoyed your trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete