Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy.....

Friday night we took Hayden to see Disney on Ice. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Mickey Mouse, so to say he had an amazing time would be such an understatement.



It was their 100th Anniversary Show, so all the characters were there. It was so much fun to watch through his eyes.


After the Disney show we drove to Auburn and spent the night so we wouldn't have to get up so early Saturday morning.


Yesterday was Homecoming on the Plains.
Auburn hosted the Furman University Paladins from
Greenville, South Carolina.

We won 63-31



It wasn't much of a game at all.

Sorry, Paladins.

What is a Paladin? Sooooooo glad you asked!

And for those of you who didn't ask, we'll pretend you did, since it's my Blog
=)=)

Websters defines a Paladin as: 1 : a trusted military leader (as for a medieval prince) 2 : a leading champion of a cause

Well, now I know.


My Cousin, Lesha attended her first Auburn game yesterday with her Husband, Mike. He's a Bama fan but was sweet enough to surprise her with Auburn tickets. It was fun spending time with them and showing them around.

Me and Lesha


Tiger Walk
This is an Auburn tradition which began in the early 1960s when Auburn players would walk from Sewell Hall to the football stadium and fans would line Donahue Drive to wish them well. Over the years the Tiger Walk has grown into a major part of game day at Auburn, so much so that it is listed on the players' game weekend itinerary. The largest Tiger Walk is believed to have taken place prior to the 1989 Alabama game when more than 20,000 well wishers lined the street. Every Tiger Walk prior to home games draws thousands and over the last couple of years the Tiger Walk has become a standard as Auburn football players enter stadiums on the road. Tiger Walk is two hours before kickoff for every game.


We go to Tiger Walk to see Aubie, the Policemen, the Band, oh yeah, and the football players =) =)


HERE COMES AUBIE!!!!!

We did get High 5's from the players as well.


We're all in Orange and Blue except for the eldest, Haley, who has deflected and become a Bama fan. =(
I love her BUNCHES even in Crimson and White =)


For all you REALLY observant readers.....
Yes, all the Auburn pics were taken the same day and yes, I do have on 2 different shirts.
It was a beautiful HOT sunny day in Auburn Saturday, with extra emphasis on HOT.



I started out with the orange fleece, but got hot really fast so I went to the Haley Center Bookstore and bought a really cute navy blue t-shirt.


Today is my Daddy's birthday so we traveled back to Birmingham after Church for lunch.
It was nice spending time with all of them.

My Daddy has 3 Daughters and 3 Granddaughters.
I (cough)(cough) am the oldest.
You can only imagine the grief he has endured from us =)


FINALLY, he got a boy when my Middle Sister, Ashley and her Husband, Brent welcomed Jackson Cole, October 9th.


Ashley, 25, is a stay at home Mom. They also have a little girl, Olivia, who just turned 2. She loves being Jackson's BIG Sister.


My baby Sister, Alyson, lives in Columbus, Georgia. She's 24, single and is an Executive Chef.


It was great being with them today. All of us are not in the same place very often. My Daddy really enjoyed it, too. I love my Sisters =)


Whew, It's been a busy weekend for Gracie.

Oh yeah, I bought me 10 pair of really, really cute socks at Target today. That made me happy. I can't wait to wear them. =)

Have a great week, Friends.

Love you all!


=],

2 comments:

  1. Yep it does look like a great & fun weekend!I have an old friend that lives in Columbus,Georgia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,great pictures!!! Your trip looks like it was PERFECT! Love all the family pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete