Saturday, January 17, 2009

Count It ALL Joy....huh?

OK, I have a confession to make.....Drum roll please.....This blog is not for you! As much as I would like to say I blog here to share with everybody what is going on in my life that would be a lie. The main purpose of writing these words is called THERAPY, for none other than myself! If you want to read along and see what happens in our lives, great, but if you don't, that's ok too. I find it very therapeutic to be able to say on here that this week has been, well, crappy. There is no other way to put it. Actually, there is, but that's the only nice, clean way to put it.
1.) The place where love and care make a difference (my place of employment) has faced some struggles this week. Sometimes being the boss isn't easy. It's really not easy when the struggles involve friends. Even when you know that work is work and friendship is friendship it gets hard sometimes. Thankfully, this work week is over and a glorious Saturday has arrived. I will be heading to work in a little while for just a bit (i hope just a bit). 2.) My blood pressure has decided that 37 years is enough of being normal and has sky-rocketed. Yes, Yes, it is true Nurses are the worst patients. However, I don't like the idea of kidney damage, dialysis, eye damage, stroke, paralysis, etc, etc, you get the point, so I made a trip to my favorite physician. At 37 (almost 38) years old, I took my first blood pressure pill yesterday. I am sad about it. I mean physically there are no reasons why it should be 138/102. I have recently lost 65lbs, I don't add salt to my food, I drink only water or milk and an occasional unsweet tea. The nurse in me needs to know why when I was so fat I couldn't breath my B/P was normal, but now it is out of control?? No rhyme or reason to it! The good Doctor, who is a personal friend and knows and loves and accepts my craziness, tells me it was just a matter of time it happened and the time has come. I know I have completely left out the fact that BOTH my Mom and Dad have Hypertension and take medications regularly, but I am healthy and that couldn't affect me, right? WRONG! and I know that and would give my patient a nice Hypertension educational lesson, but again Nurses are the worst patients and MOST rules don't apply to us!! =] I was thinking how fitting is it that our Sunday School lesson for tomorrow is from James 1:1-11. I am here to shout it LOUD that it is
H-A-R-D to "count it all joy when you fall into various trials. James 1:2" I'm not sure if God was trying to make sure I had an example to use for the lesson this week or what? In any case I had a hard time with that verse this week. I look forward to a better week where love and care makes a difference and a lower blood pressure.

=],

Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment