Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pass The Torch.....

School starts back tomorrow, ugh!

I will officially be the Mother of a High School Senior and a 7th Grader. Really, where has the time gone?

Seems like yesterday I was getting them ready for their first day of Kindergarten.

Wednesday night at Church they held the "Pass the Torch" ceremony. This is where the outgoing Seniors "Pass the Torch" to the incoming Seniors to be leaders and examples for Christ within their Youth Group.

Outgoing Seniors

Getting ready to Pass the Torch



Class of 2009 Passing The Torch to the Class of 2010

Class of 2010

Praying for Leadership

It was a great ceremony, very moving. Of course, I cried. What's new, huh?

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon, friends!
=],

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome tradition!!! I love this idea. =0)

    I work with the youthgroup at our church...

    ReplyDelete