Thursday, August 13, 2009

Which Button Cuts Aunnie Off?.....

So far, so good on our first week back to school. Surprisingly enough, the girls have gotten up without any problem. I figured after sleeping in all Summer I'd have a really hard time getting them up. I am soooo glad that has not been the case.

My Grandfather, much to every one's dismay, has had a complete change in condition-for the better. Hospice can't believe the fight he has in him. They, well actually all of us, expected him to die days ago. God is in control. Period. He is alert, and has decided he is hungry, so he is now eating 3 meals a day. Now, he is not consuming much, but just the fact that he is alert enough to tell us he's hungry and eat is amazing. Please continue to pray for him and my Dad. My Dad's vision has not totally returned in his Right eye from the detached retina. The Doctor told him it may be 2 weeks or so before it does. Today is 2 weeks so he is getting antsy that it may be as good as it is going to get. I told him he said 2 weeks or SO, so be patient. I know it must be difficult and frustrating though.

I have a prayer request for y'all. My blog friend, Cindy at Fearfully and Wonderfully Made gave birth to a sweet baby girl, Adalei Rose Tullis, on Monday. This precious baby girl was born with Transposition of the Great Arteries. She was to have Open Heart surgery today between 11-12. Please pray for Adalei Rose, as well as her family. God, without a doubt, is The Great Physician, The Comforter, The Source of Strength. He is Faithful and He hears our prayers.

I'll leave you with a funny. This weekend, Hayden, my 3 year-old nephew, for those of you who don't know, picked up the remote control, pointed it at me and said, "Which button cuts Aunnie off?" to which Haley and Kylee replied, "It ain't that easy"
Have I told you I am so in love with this boy?

I love being his Aunnie!

=],

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, I wish my remote control had the power to mute my KIDS at times! Heck the husband too at times!

    My oldest (well, oldest still at home) goes back to school this Monday, and the younger two go back the following Monday. This will be our last weekend of the summer, I guess. =0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about you Grandpa!Our school starts on the 20th and i am very ready!I wish those remotes only worked like a magic wand lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Gracie,

    Hope your grandfather remains comfortable during this difficult time. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

    Thanks for sharing in our recent good news. My wife is doing great! She really appreciated the prayers and support of all our blog friends and knows it made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute story! I'll have to remember that.

    I've been away so just now got to mention the blog award you gave me. It's on Family Fountain. Thank you again! Warren

    ReplyDelete