Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just a Matter of Time.....

So many of you have asked how my Grandad is and quite honestly, it's just a matter of time.

He was released from the hospital this week with Hospice, simply to be made comfortable, free from the pokes, sticks, tests, etc.

All the decision have been made, everyone is in agreement, and peace has been found.

It has been extremely hard to go through, to be the "patient's family" and not the "nurse", more so, to watch my Dad wrestle with decisions that mean life or death.

My Dad has done a remarkable job. My Grandad would be proud of the Man he is, I know I am.

Thank you all for your thoughts, phone calls, e-mails but especially for your prayers. This journey is not over, it is just a matter of time.

I do ask that you continue to pray.

My Dad had to have emergency surgery Thursday night for a detached retina.

Yeah, I know, when it rains it pours.

My Dad is doing well, but now must lay flat face down for 5 days. The Doctor told him he was "lucky" they were able to operate on him when they did.

I don't believe in luck. See, it was just a matter of time before my Dad lost his vision in that eye, but God is in control of ALL things.

When thinking of time, another thing crossed my mind this week.

Our Church had two different mission teams out in the field this week, one in inner-city Orlando, the other in Romania.

Last year, the Romania team asked me to pray about going with them this year. I love missions and wanted to go but for one reason or another it just never worked out.

Same thing with the Orlando trip, I wanted to go so bad, more so than the Romania trip. You all know how much I love inner-city missions.

This particular group was returning to our Orlando mission site from last year and that group of kids touched my heart like none other.

I prayed about going, and planned on it but it just didn't come together.

I wondered why? God knew I had a heart for those kids.

While driving back from seeing my Grandad, a light bulb went off..... I had not even thought about the Romania or the Orlando teams until then.

Way back when the initial planning was being done well over a year ago for these trips, God knew what was in the future.

He knew this VERY week, my Grandad would be clinging to life, and my Dad would be having emergency surgery.

He knew where I was going to be needed the most.

Once again, I am soooo thankful, He is in control and knows what is best for our lives.

He knows WHAT we need, WHEN we need it.

He knows where we NEED to be.

He knows where we WILL be.

He knows what we WILL be facing.

See, it's all just a matter of time, HIS TIME.

I leave you with these beautiful verses.....


Psalms 31:14-15

But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.



Have a great weekend!


=],

8 comments:

  1. I stand by the phrase that God works in mysterious ways...and He does. It took me a while to realize that but you are so right. He know what we need! Your family is in my prayers. I know this will be a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you and I both "have our own boat" right now. Thanks for the encouraging words to me. I know that God will be with you and your family also during this time. And you are right...when it rains, it pours. But that also makes God more evident when He is at work. I have found that out this week. Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot on your plate. We will pray for your grandpa, your dad and the other concerns you have (such as the mission trips). God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your WHOLE family during this time. =0(

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known' 1 Cor 13

    Praying for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my prayers during this time as well...I left something for you on my blog this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dropped by to see if there were any updates. There aren't, so I'll just say "I was thinking about you and am praying for you guys."

    {{cyber hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe prayer works better then anything so I am sending some your way.

    ReplyDelete