Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good News, Bad News.....

Good News and Bad News at Gracie's house this week....

Bad news first.....

Since my Mom's pneumonia in November she has continued off
and on to be breathless, hoarse, and at times, able only to talk above a whisper.

Of course, we all, including her Doctor, were thinking because
her pneumonia was so bad it was just going to take some time to
get completely over it and this was just lingering after effects of it.

However, since it persisted, he sent her to an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor.

She saw him Tuesday and got some extremely upsetting news.

Her left vocal cord is completely paralyzed, and he thinks she's had a stroke.

She is not to talk, completely resting her voice.

Her vocal prognosis is unknown .

He said her voice may come back and she may be able to
talk somewhat normal again, but she would never be able to sing again.

We are hoping he is not right about the singing part.

Singing is a HUGE part of our family.

She is having a CT of the head, neck and chest, along with a modified barium swallow Monday.

They are looking to see if she has indeed had a stroke, or if
there are any signs of a tumor that may be causing the paralysis.

There is a slight chance it is a virus that has attacked the vocal cord.

To be honest, I just need to know what it is.

I hate not knowing.

It drives me insane.

If you know what the problem is, then you can deal with it.

When you don't know, you feel helpless.

At least, I do.

I am worried, I won't lie, but I am hopeful.

Please say a prayer for my Mom.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we
ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
~Ephesians 3:20~


Now for the good news.....

My oldest daughter, Haley, received her acceptance letter from Auburn this week.

She will transfer to Auburn this Fall
and will major in Electrical Engineering.

She has such a brilliant mind.

I am so proud of her.

I can't wait to see the plan God has for her.

Without a doubt, it will be amazing.

Last week I was wearing flip-flops everywhere.

Today, we've had snow flurries and are under a hard freeze warning.

Have I ever told you I hate cold weather?

I HATE cold weather.

I'd rather be wearing flip-flops.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


Love you MUCH!

=],

No comments:

Post a Comment