Monday, February 20, 2012

Some Answers, More Questions.....

We saw the Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor,
Dr. C, today to get all of my Mom's test results.

If you'll remember, she was diagnosed,
2 weeks ago, with a paralyzed Left Vocal Cord.

He ordered CTs of the Head, Neck, and Chest, which were done last week.

I'd like to tell you we saw him today and he told us
exactly what was wrong with her and what he is going to do to fix it.

He didn't.

In fact, I left with as many questions as I had when I went.

Maybe more.

The CT of the Chest and Head were both negative for tumors.

The CT of the neck, however, showed
a 1/2 inch lesion on the left side of the neck.

The Radiologist said a malignancy could not be ruled out.

Dr. C reviewed the CT images, and just shook his head, saying nothing.

A Nurse brought a TV in the room so Mom and I
could watch, and once again, he put the scope up
her nose and down her throat to look at the area in question.

He looked.

And he looked.

And he looked.

And he just shook his head.

He said he still didn't see anything.
 
Nothing other than a paralyzed left vocal cord.

He did say it is possible for a lesion to be "hiding."

But.
 
He doesn't think that is the case.

He stands by his original diagnosis.

He thinks she's had a stroke.

Despite a negative CT scan.

They have ordered some additional testing.

She had a MRI of the Head this afternoon.

It will give us some extra
details about what is happening in there.

He also referred her to a Neurologist.

He did tell me he would send us
to UAB for a 2nd opinion if I wanted him to.

I do, but I don't think there is really any point right now.

Let me clarify, I don't want to go to UAB
because I think Dr. C. doesn't know what he's doing.

I have confidence in Dr. C.

I trust him.
 
I just need answers.
 
CONCRETE answers.

If I could get those answers at UAB, I'd go.

I have some answers; I have more questions.

So, the wait for results has started all over again.

Love you MUCH!

=],

No comments:

Post a Comment