Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I AM.....

God said to Moses, "~I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: '~I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:14 NIV

Have you ever wondered just who God is? I mean, really, who He is? In my life, He is all things. How is that possible? He is My Maker, and Creator. He formed me in my Mother's womb. He knows the number of hairs I have on my head.

When I was a little girl, I saw Him as a superhero, someone who would swoop in and save the day. At the age of 7, during Vacation Bible School, He became My Savior, when I asked Him in my heart.

His role, however, has expanded over the years. You see, when there is sickness, He is The Great Physician. When I've lost loved ones, He was My Comforter. When I am in need, He is My Provider. When the enemy is seeking to destroy me, He is My Defender. When I am in need of direction, He is My Guide. When it's dark and I can't see, He's My Lighthouse. He is the Still Small Voice that whispers reminders of Who He is. He is the Air I breathe each day. He is each Beat of my heart. He is my All in All.

When Moses asked God, What if I go to the Israelites and tell them you've sent me, and they ask me your name, What am I going to tell them? God's response is the verse above found in Exodus 3:14. The answer was not complicated, or drawn out. It wasn't fancy. It wasn't a riddle, a puzzle, or a code that Moses had to decipher. It wasn't in a foreign language that required translation.

It was plain and simple.

"I AM WHO I AM. Tell them I AM has sent you."

What does that mean? It means no matter where I am, what I'm doing, or what I am facing, He is Who He is. He doesn't change.

Plain and Simple.

He is ALL THINGS, at ALL TIMES.

First and foremost, He wants to be your Savior. He loved us so incredibly much that He gave His only Son to die for us. He gave the very best He had, in spite of who we are. You see, He knew us and what we would become and He loved us anyway.

What He's not, however, is a ginny in a bottle that we can snap our fingers at and *poof* our wishes be granted. Sometimes, we have that concept of Him. It's wrong.

Plain and Simple.

I AM

Plain.

Simple.


=],

Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Gracie, great post. Thanks for the reminder.

    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dialogue between Moses and God! I tell that "I Am" part to my kids a lot... I tell my teens (I'm a youth pastor) all the time "how sweet is that Title... "I Am"..."
    "'I AM' what?"
    "I just 'AM' - that's how BIG, powerful and amazing I am... I JUST AM.
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete