Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Study Approved.....


Dr. Erba came in this afternoon and told us the
repeat bone marrow biopsy confirmed the diagnosis of AML.
 
I wasn't surprised or expecting anything different.
 
He also told us Daddy was
selected to participate in the drug study.
.
The computer randomization was done
and he will receive the study drug, clofarabime.
 
It is said to have less side effects than the traditional AML treatment, 7+3.
 
I had already decided, in my mind, it would
be the standard treatment,  7+3, so I thought I
would try to find a Bible verse related to 7:3 that spoke to my heart.
 
I searched all combinations of 7:3, 1:3-7, 3:7 and found nothing.
 
Absolutely.
 
Nothing.
 
Now, I know why.
 
God already had plans for
him to receive clofarabine not 7+3.
 
So, after what seems like waiting
a lifetime, chemo starts in the morning.
 
We are beyond thankful at this news.
 
Without a doubt, God's timing is perfect.
 
Please pray for us as we start a new part of this journey.
 
We are all still trying to figure out this new "normal."
 
I will update tomorrow.
 
Love you MUCH!
 
=],

No comments:

Post a Comment