Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chemo Started.....


I stayed with Daddy last
night and he had a restless night.
 
I'm not sure if he was nervous about
starting chemo, or just not feeling well.
 
Truth be told, it was
probably a combination of both.
 
He was pretty weak when he got up this morning.
 
It's then, you start the process
of elimination to find the cause.
 
Blood Sugar.....Perfect
 
Blood Pressure.....Perfect
 
Pulse.....Perfect
 
Temperature.....Perfect
 
O2 Sat.....Perfect
 
Then, we got his labs back and found the problem.
 
His Hemoglobin was 6.9.
 
If it is less than 7 they transfuse.
 
So, he got blood this afternoon.
 
Hopefully, he will be feeling better.
 
He did get his first dose of
chemo this morning and tolerated it well.
 
I may have told you this, but he
will get chemo once a day for 5 days.
 
I honestly can't keep it straight
who I've told what, so bear with me.
 
My stories are running together like his stories.
 
Ha!
 
That made me laugh.
 
Those of you that know him, KNOW his stories.
 
=)
 
I wanted to share the devotion for today
from a book given to me Tuesday by my Sister-in Law, Gloria.
 
It's out of a book called, "Jesus Calling."
 
Each day is written as if Jesus is speaking directly to you.
 
January 31
I AM YOUR STRENGTH AND SHIELD. 
I plan out each day and have it ready for you, long before you arise from bed.
I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing
your energy level and wondering about what's on the road ahead, concentrate
on staying in touch with Me. My power flows freely into you through our open
communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying, and you will have strength to spare.
Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that I am your Shield. But unlike inanimate armor, I am always alert and active. My Presence watches over you continually, protecting you from both known and unknown dangers. Entrust yourself to My watchcare, which is the best security system available. I am with you and watch over you wherever you go.
 
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.
Psalms 28:7 (NIV)
 
Give your entire attention to what God is doing
 right now, and don’t get worked up about what may
or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal
with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34 (The Message)
 
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
Psalms 56:3-4 (NIV)
 
I am with you and will watch over you
wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land.
 I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
Genesis 28:15 (NIV)
 
 
I didn't read it until I got home from the hospital this afternoon.
 
Literally, my mouth fell open and I just shook my head.
 
Thank you all for sharing in this journey.
 
I can't tell you how much we appreciate each of you.
 
Love you MUCH!
 
 
=],

No comments:

Post a Comment