Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America

Happy 4th of July, Friends.

We have celebrated Independence Day aboard the Carnival Elation in the middle of the Caribbean.

We left Mobile, Alabama yesterday on a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel.

Today has been what Carnival describes as a "Fun Day at Sea".

My fun day has consisted of a little sun, a lot of 70 spf sunscreen, a breeze blowing in my hair, food, food, and more food, topped off by a long nap this afternoon.

We are somewhere off the Coast of Cuba now. We are scheduled to arrive on schedule in Jamaica Tuesday morning.

I did bring my computer but my internet doesn't want to cooperate so I am updating this from my BlackBerry. I will keep my fingers crossed that it posts ok.

I hope you all have had a fabulous 4th. I am so proud to be an American.

I've said it before, and I'll tell you again, Freedom isn't free. I am so thankful to all our past and present Armed Forces Men and Women who have made Freedom possible.

Our Dining Room Staff, none of which were American, serenaded us tonight at dinner with a rendition of Yankee Doodle Dandy and God Bless America.

I thought it was really sweet of them, cause when I say none of them are Americans, I'm not exaggerating.

Our Waiter, Roberto, was from the Philippines. I wanted to ask him how he felt about singing, "God bless America, Land that I love....." but my Children about died when I mentioned asking him.

He will be our Waiter each night at Dinner so I may get the opportunity before the week is up.

I'll keep you posted.

Stay safe!

Love you MUCH!

=],
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment